Mile High Tattoo
PIERCING CARE INSTRUCTIONS
• Never touch a new piercing with unwashed hands.
• Clean your piercing in the morning and before bed with a fragrance free ANTIBACTERIAL soap.
• At least once a day, soak your piercing in a saline solution of 1/4 tsp. non-iodized sea salt to 8oz. of warm water.
• Gently remove any excretions of crusty buildup from the surface before rotating jewelry.
• DO NOT remove the jewelry during the healing process. NAVEL PIERCING
• Tight fitting clothes will severely irritate a new piercing. Expect redness around the piercing for about 4 weeks.
EYEBROW AND EARS
• Careless use of combs and brushes can result in ripping and tearing.
Be aware, telephones need to be cleaned before use.
• It is not unusual for an oral piercing to swell for 3-5 days. Rinse your mouth 4-6 times daily using the saline solution listed above.
• Rinse after eating, smoking, and using chewing tobacco.
• We recommend ice chips and frozen drinks to help reduce swelling.
• Liquor of any kind will induce swelling.
• Spicy and/or salty foods may cause irritation.
• Piercings around the mouth should be cleaned with anti-bacterial soap twice a day.
• NEGLIGENCE AND ABUSE ARE THE COMMON CAUSE OF INFECTION.
• Do not allow anyone to put your new piercing in their mouth during healing.
• We recommend staying away from hot tubs and pools during healing.
• At first sign of infection, allergies, or an adverse reaction from your piercing, contact Mile High Tattoo.
•Some signs of infections are: extensive redness, swelling, pain, green drainage, and odor.
TATTOO & BODY PIERCING
EST. 1997 Mile High Tattoo in Denver
• Leave the bandage on for at least three, and up to twelve hours. If the bandage sticks to the tattoo upon removal, wet the area with lukewarm water and slide the bandage off. Do not reapply the bandage.
• Wash the area gently with mild, fragrance-free soap and water. Do this using clean hands and make sure to remove all excess ointment, blood and ink. Pat Dry with a clean towel. DO NOT SCRUB!
• Wash your tattoo two to three times a day ONLY. After washing allow the skin to dry and apply a VERY thin layer of Aquaphor ointment for three days
• On the fourth day, apply a mild, fragrance-free moisturizing lotion until the tattoo settles into the skin. This typically takes three to four weeks.
• Expect to see your tattoo peel and flake. This is a normal part of the healing process.
• NO SUN for two weeks. NO SWIMMING or SOAKING for two weeks
• It is normal for your healing tattoo to itch, but it is very important NOT TO SCRATCH OR PICK YOUR TATTOO!
• DO NOT TAKE ANY ONE ELSES ADVICE
PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY ANY TIME WITH ANY QUESTIONS